Need Discounted Counseling?

Associate Marriage Family Therapist/Associate Professional Clinical Counselor

One becomes licensed as an MFT or PCC by obtaining a Master’s degree, getting 3000 hours of supervised clinical experience , and by passing two written examinations. This process is similar to a doctor, who after graduating with a degree must do a residency. They are called "doctor" but cannot yet practice independently; they must first do a residency and pass their exams.

Associate Marriage and Family Therapists and Associate Professional Clinical Counselors have completed their master's degree, but are doing their "internship" (similar to residency). The Board of Behavioral Sciences monitors this as closely as licensure itself, and each associate is given a number so that you can be sure they have appropriate training and competency as therapists. Associates do everything a licensed therapist does, however they discuss their cases with a supervisor who has been licensed for a minimum of 2 years.

Jan currently supervises one associate marriage and family therapist/associate professional clinical counselor : Lori Pranger, MA. Associates are able to offer excellent therapy at a reduced cost because they are in the process of becoming licensed. Please click on Lori's individual page to learn more about her and the areas of therapy in which she specializes.

Helpful Forms

Click here to view and print forms for your appointment.

Click Here