What you can expect from therapy
Clearly, we believe in the process of therapy. You may or may not, and either way is fine; we can believe for both of us for a while. We have witnessed and been a part of tremendous healing and growth of people and between people. It is important to understand, however, that for many people therapy is life changing. People often modify their emotions, perceptions, and behaviors and these shifts may lead to life changes with employment, spirituality and relationships with other people.
We strongly encourage you to include significant other people such as partners, children, parents, and friends in the process you are undertaking. This does not mean that we do not do individual therapy, we certainly do, and at some point in the process, we may suggest that you bring in significant others from your life. Ultimately, even change within an individual will impact those around them, and support for the changes being made among those with whom you share your life is an important part of the process.
Therapy is a very large commitment to yourself and those in your world. It requires a commitment of time, energy, and money. Thus, finding the right therapist for you and your family is of the utmost importance. When you choose to wok with one of us, we will create a plan together. We commit to encourage you to be as active and honest as possible, and we promise to be active in our work and give you feedback and assessments throughout the therapeutic process.
1. Our intention towards you is to respect you and your process.
2. Our intention is to keep information shared confidential. (There are some exceptions to this which are outlined in the Confidentiality page of this website.)
3. Our intention is to be fully engaged with you and your process.
4. Our intention is to be honest with you regarding your process and our work together.
1. We expect to be treated with respect.
2. We expect you to be fully engaged in your process of therapy.
3. We expect you to be honest with yourself and your therapist.